Developing an effective enterprise-wide security program must include the mitigation of the risk posed by trusted insiders. Failure to do so may expose an organization to significant risk; a risk that could lead to significant financial, operational, and/or health and safety issues.
This session will provide a roadmap for initiating, developing, implementing, operating, and measuring the effectiveness of an insider threat program. Critical elements of the program will be described and actual insider incidents will be presented to highlight how an insider threat program may have prevented, detected, or responded to risk indicators in those incidents.
- Insider threat program roadmap
- Critical elements of an insider threat program
- Insider threat program effectiveness measures
- Insider threat control framework
- Best practices for the mitigation of insider threats
Technical Level: High