Hackers are using firmware implants and backdoors to compromise enterprise security with attacks that are stealthy and persistent. It’s time for information security specialists to learn how to attack and defend enterprise infrastructure. This session will demonstrate attacks on firmware that are invisible to traditional security platforms, and show how to detect and defend against them. This demo-driven session will start with a demonstration of the methods hackers are using to penetrate and compromise firmware in enterprise devices, and conclude with bricking the demo computer live on stage.
- Understand how common design flaws put laptops, servers & network devices at risk
- See how hackers penetrate firmware in a variety of enterprise devices
- Discover how firmware threats can persist invisibly, even after reimaging
- Learn how to detect vulnerabilities, threats & attacks on firmware
- Gain the skills needed to protect enterprise infrastructure & remediate firmware threats
Technical Level: High