The processes and technologies of IT, OT, and IoT emerge from very different worlds, with distinctly contrasting missions and priorities. Yet, organizations committed to overcoming the challenges of convergence will realize significant competitive advantages.
In this session we'll reframe traditional concepts and look at organizational and technical strategies to aide in our quest of managing converging (and often, colliding) technologies.
- Relevant history of OT and IOT vs traditional IT
- How differences in OT and IOT culture impact strategies for integration
- How to plan and manage strategies for convergence
- When/what not to merge or converge
- Technical and operational examples of convergence
Technical Level: Low