: Angelita Negron-Nieves, Director, Risk & Controls , Party City Holdings
Over one year ago, Party City embarked on conducting a global top-down IT Risk Assessment to identify and develop a plan to appropriately manage IT risks, including security, but going beyond that to identify operations and other IT risks that would impact the Enterprise mission and vision. This is a case study to consider the lessons learned from the perspective of two of the project leads. The case study will not cover anything confidential to PCHI as it will focus on the strategy that was developed and implemented to conduct the assessment globally.
- How to develop a strategy for conducting an IT risk assessment
- The key factors needed for conducting a successful assessment
- The role the business needs to play in the process
- How to identify other IT risks besides security that can impact the business
- Process that can be used to conduct an assessment
Technical Level: Low