Capture The Flag 101 - HANDS-ON
Date & Time
Monday, June 22, 2020, 1:45 PM - 4:55 PM
Capture the Flags are strange and interesting places. Hackers huddled over keyboards, hoodies flapping in the EDM wind. How do you “break-in”? How to get started “popping boxes”, pivoting, and finding flags? If you want to learn in a calm, relaxed environment how to do all of these things, then join this CTF 101 class. You can be productive, useful, and confident! Let’s learn how!
• Capture the Flag (CTF) basics
• What laptop do I need?
• What operating systems can I use?
• Where do I get this stuff????
• How do I sign up?
• How do I join?
• What tools should I know?
• What is the flow of typical CTF?
• Where do I start looking for flags?
• And most importantly “How do I not look like a total noob?”
We are rank beginner-friendly, and Windows, Linux, and Mac are acceptable!
Main Conference Session