Organizations around the world evaluate their application risk using the OWASP Top 10. On September 24, the OWASP Foundation will release the OWASP Top 10 2021. It’s been four years since the last release, and there will be some notable additions and changes.
Organizations will recalibrate how they measure application risk and reevaluate strategies based on the OWASP Top 10 2021. Two of the original co-founders of OWASP will assess the new Top 10 and provide their perspectives.
- New entrants and changes to the Top 10
- Risks—in terms of prevalence and likelihood to exploit—posed by each of the Top 10
- How to use the OWASP Top 10 to evaluate risk and existing application security programs
- Potential application security gaps not covered by the OWASP Top 10
- How to assess application security coverage based on the OWASP Top 10
- Future trajectories for application cyber threats