This presentation will dive into how companies manage - or fail to manage - vendors, and will emphasize the requirement to maintain a constant due diligence over those vendors. We will explore the policy and procedure of a vendor review, and outline the requirements in a vendor contract that ensure you're keeping a finger on the pulse of their activities and that your data and information is securely returned at the end of the relationship.
- Understand vendor management best practices.
- Understand policy requirements for vendor management.
- Understand vendor contract best practices with data & security.
- Take a deep dive into SOC reports and what they tell you about your vendors.
- Hear some lessons learned from vendor horror stories.
Technical Level: Beginner